AutoDesSys

Clones - Latest Build 10163

Bo Atkinson

Mac OSX 10.12.3

Admitting my difficulties with rare needs for clone functionality, in different years...

As of  Build 10163, (the latest)…

Are not cloned objects supposed to transform about each, individual centroid?

Ive tried all visible settings: “as family”, “individually”,

both with all pre selected and also  by clicking on each one alone, without pre selection.

The spheres are supposed to be  clones, (made with  Move / Make Clone box  checked)

RE spheres in image:

Top-image: spheres were move/copied.

Bottom image: each sphere had to be Transform/Scaled one at a time. Where I want Clones to do this for me by one scale action.

Also, is there a way to verify if an object is a clone or not?

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 7.59.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 7.52.08 AM.png

Clones wil not Transform.fmz

Yes! Great questions. I've been meaning to verbalize the same for a while. One thing I've noticed is that transforming a clone will only affect that object, and not the other clones. If the object is a controlled object, and you edit one of it's parameters, the cloning function DOES work.

Clones can be transformed "individually" or "as a family". This is controlled by the option in the transformation tool options. "Individually" apples the transformation to each clones instance about its own local axis and the "as a family" option is applied to the while family as a set. Changes to a parameter of a clone are propagated to each instance individually. 

What we have observed is that in v8.6, the dynamic display during the transformation always functions "as a family". Once the final click of the transformation is made, the transformation is applied each object when the "individually" option is selected. See images

We have logged this aa an issue and also have added suggestion to be show if an object is in a clone in the information tab (and how many siblings it has).

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.01.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.02.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.03.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.03.44 AM.png

Archived