AutoDesSys

install issue

Spacer

yhi

i just had to reinstall my whole Win 7 system and reinstalling and licensing all software.

FZ v857 is installed but doesn't "see" the Maxwell plugin.(freshly downloaded and installed via Maxwell for FormZ)

I haven't re licences Maxwell yet.. could that be the problem?

thanks-

Peter

Hi Peter,

Did you use the latest installer and allow it to install both the Maxwell application suite and the formZ plugin?

(Can you double-check that the installer used was named "Maxwell_4.1.1.1_for_formZ_8.exe" )

Hi,

Yes it was that installer.

But Next Limit told me to install the "Studio Suite" (maxwell_studio_4.1.1.1_win64  to be exact). I did that first. They told me this when I was having licensing problems (RLM etc, whcih were never fixed.. so after paying for Nodes which don't work, I will have to use Rebus Farm anyway..). this has been a bad Maxwell year for me.

end of rant.

what should/could I do?

thanks-

Peter

"

about 2 months ago
added by José María del Pozo

Dear Mr OBrien,

Please try to install first Studio, it will install Render Node software (if it is not installed and in case it is, it ask to uninstall it and install the proper version...)

Do not hesitate to ask us if you need more help
Best regards"

Peter,

Good to hear that you got it sorted. However, you should always install the Maxwell suite that comes inside the formZ for Maxwell installer, otherwise you may have incompatibility (versioning) issues.

The render node software is in the bundled Maxwell Suite, too.

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I see now that you need Studio as well.

In this case, I recommend:

1. Make sure you have the correct version of the Studio installer. 4.1.1.1, in your case

2. install the plugin first, along with its version of Maxwell.

3. Make sure this runs in formZ, then close formZ

4. Run the Maxwell Studio installer. It will give you the option to remove/overwrite the existing Maxwell installation. Choose that option, then continue with the installation.

Hello Pylon,

We have installed FZ8.6 with V-Ray plugin, expecting to have the both worlds...

Anyway, the display freeze and we were not able to work with.

Do you know if there are some issues with FZ 8.6?

How can we re-install FZ 8.5.6? Do we need to desinstall FZ 8.6?

Best regards

I asked the same question some time ago (whether Maxwell and Vray can be installed together).

I didn't want to risk it so I run one FormZ v8.5.7 with Maxwell 4.1.1.1 and FormZ v8.x with Vray.

It would be nice if we could run both in the same version of Fz like we can with Renderzone.

FYI, even though Vray looks very promising especially with speed of rendering, I won't abandon Maxwell.

If you have the time, it still produces the best realism.

Des

Hi pkcn,

I asked ADS about this, and they indicated that they did not have any problems running Maxwell and Vray on the same installation. I requested access to Vray so I can test this myself; I'm not sure how long that will take to process.

Hello,

We installed Maxwell with FZ 8.6, but with no VRay plugin; we still have the same problems of frozen display and/or unoperationnal dialog boxes (ie: choosing a HDR file in the light dialog boxe is impossible).

It seems to be a compatbility problem with FZ 8.6 and not wit V-Ray.

Hi pkcn,

Okay, thank you for the additional information. Something was changed in formZ 8.6 which has disabled certain buttons on Windows (only). For now, please use formZ 8.5.7 with Maxwell. We will work with ADS to resolve this issue.

Hello,

To be clear:

We first installed FZ 8.6, then MXW plugin; some buttons in dialog boxes dont work.

We then desinstalled MXW and installed VRay plugin; no more problem with buttons.

We are not able to re-install FZ 8.5.7; a message informs us that we allready have a newer version yet installed.

So we are unable to work anymore with MXW, which is a problem because our workflow is based on it (and we are very happy with)

We will be happy to have the both plugins (+ Renderzone), depending of the time we have to make the job.

Archived