AutoDesSys

Selected Hole Faces - Apply Material Not Working Correctly

Justin Montoya

I believe you are selecting a negative void.  The only purpose for this would be to delete the whole, move it or copy it.  That has been the only reason I have ever selected one.  If you are trying to color the faces inside a whole then switch to Face.  Perhaps I am missing something? 

AW

Hi Andrew-

I was thinking that the faces selected via a Hole selection, could be manipulated in the same way as if all the faces were selected individually.  Almost as if Hole would treat them as the group of faces they are, instead of just the void they are creating.  It's a pretty simple, basic workaround to select all the faces individually to color them, but if Hole selects them all anyways, it should work to color those selected faces.  I checked, and this was working as expected in ole trusty v6.7.3, so I believe this is a bug in the current version.

Hi Justin,

Material Attributes are only handled at the Object, or Face topological level.  The current versions of formZ can't handle the coloring of holes in the same way as it did with older versions because now it is truly selecting the hole -- as opposed to just selecting the faces that comprise the hole. So currently this is as expected, but we will see if it is possible to restore this feature in the future, and for now, you will need to Area Select these Faces to apply the desired materials.

(Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will see what we can do... ;))

Archived