AutoDesSys

Completing A Partial Library

Bo Atkinson

For once in many years i need simple evergreen tree options...

I read another thread about completely missing Libraries, which differs from this question, because there is one, 111.4 MB,  "formZ Materials" file in my formZ   ap   file.

I am on OSX 10.10.5 with  formZ  8.5.3  (and don't need recent fixes).

This webpage offers further files:    http://ftp.formz.com/downloads/libraries.html 

Download all libraries at once   downloads, but does not unzip (?)

I get this message :

post-57-0-38861000-1464603876_thumb.png

Dear Bo,

If you are moving files or folders around inside the formZ 8 folder and do not leave them where they are supposed to be, then you can prevent things from working properly.  Please don't do that.

It sounds like you should go to your OS X Applications folder and delete or rename your formZ 8 folder  Then download and reinstall from here:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_85_Pro.html

(Simply follow the directions on that page.)  Once installed, run formZ from the new folder (without trying to open a file just yet), get a New Project if one does not open automatically, and enter your Registration info once more.  (If you have a RenderZone code, enter this info in the Extensions Tab of the Registration dialog as noted on that download page.)

Once you have done this, you should then be able to go to your Component Manager Palette -- and choose Abstract or Realistic Trees from the Library Menu and Place these in your project (with the Place Component tool).

Does that help?

Hi Bo,

Reinstalling should only take ~5 minutes (not including the download time -- which if your connection is slow you can just start that and finish the installation whenever that is complete).

Is that taking longer for you to do?  

(It would be a very good idea to fix your installation if you have moved parts around to incorrect locations.)

Archived