AutoDesSys Forums
Jacky1972.21mm

Problem In Grass Modifiers

Make sure the face normal for your base geometry is pointing upwards. The grass will be placed on the side that the normal is on. Maybe orbit so you can see underneath the polygon to see if the grass is there.

Hi Jacky,

Your grass is there, it's just tiny and sparse. You'll need to zoom in to see it. Use realistic values for the grass, material, plane, and view, and you'll see it clearly.

post-32-0-69083400-1460393058_thumb.png

Hi pylon,

I'm try set my grass parameter follow the wild grass setting, but Maxwell Fire still show flat plane (nothing to display) - Picture 1 and I try to select Referenced mxm file but still can not to select - Picture 2. Is it my formz plug-in setting wrong. Thanks for help

post-10433-0-19950700-1460451817_thumb.png

post-10433-0-11285400-1460452152_thumb.png

Jacky,

Your grass is rendering, but you are correct that the MXM/formZ material cannot be selected properly in the latest beta. Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected. For now, set the ground plane to the material with which you want the grass to render.

post-32-0-37127900-1460463031_thumb.png

Hi Jacky,

Hmm. I think you must have the wrong version of Maxwell Render Suite installed. Please download the beta of the render suite (see here: http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/3601-new-maxwell-for-formz-early-build-3208/ )

If this does not fix the issue, please attempt to render your project with Maxwell again (Select Display> Maxwell Render). Then, open the plugin Log (Select Extensions> Maxwell Render> Log). Click on "Save Log" and save to your Desktop or other convenient location, then post the resulting log here, or send it to pylon_support.jpg

Hi Jacky,

I apologize- there is indeed an issue  with grass not rendering in the 3.2.0.8 beta. This will be fixed from the next beta release!

I discovered today that Grass is not working on my computers too. Hopefully it will after the next update. I use all latest versions.