AutoDesSys

Layout Print problems

DMclean

I rarely use layout, but when I do I have the following problem.  I'm printing from a Mac over the network to a Ricoh Aficio WP2400 wide format printer. The output always has a very fine dot pattern printed over the entire printing area. It is almost invisible, but if you then use that print as an original to copy the pattern becomes intensified and rather obtrusive.

anyone had similar problems and found a cure?

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

We haven't heard of this before.  Does it matter if you print with the Vector Output option on or off?

Or if you Print to a PDF and then try to print that, does that affect it?

And does it only occur with a specific file -- or if you get a new Layout project, draw a few objects, and try to print that, does it happen there too?

Hi Doug,

Hmmm, that's strange.  Glad the PDF is a viable work-around for you though.

Maybe it is a problem with the specific printer driver?  (Can you update the driver and if so does that help?)

Or if you install formZ on a PC and print to that same printer, does that work any better (at least as a test)?

And has anyone else encountered this issue?

Include background is not checked, and I'm using the most current driver from the printer supplier.

PC?  What's that?

Unfortunately I'm the only one using formZ here so I can't cross check with anyone else. Others have seen the problem with Photoshop files, where in spite of the background being supposedly pure white, the printer was trying to lay down a very pale grey, and hence the dots.

As I say, I'm rarely producing "working drawings" anymore since most of my work remains virtual, so the workaround is fine for me. Just bump into it on those rare occasions and am curious where it is arising. I'm guessing you are right about it being somewhere in the driver.

Doug

Archived