AutoDesSys

Lost panels

DMclean

Created the door object on the left and inserted a couple of panels. Used insert outline to create a line around the panels which I used to extrude some bits (not shown). Wanted to get rid of the outlines, so I figured unmesh or object doctor with Coplanar faces as an option would work. Both yield the results shown to the right of the object. They get rid of the outline but also fill in the panel surface. The panel inner and back walls are still there ( I can see them in wireframe, but the front skin of the door no longer has the "hole".

post-20-0-02977800-1449691076_thumb.png

Here's the file...

LostPanel.fmz.zip

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

We were able to reproduce the same problems with Unmesh and Object Doctor, thanks for your report, we will get it corrected.

Reshaping the face seems to be the best workaround.  We were also able to use the Delete tool on the outlines, however they would only erase properly in a specific order.  We will keep investigating this issue. 

I originally tried Delete and Delete Geometry, but I could never find the magic sequence. Fortunately reshaping did the trick. I  :wub:  Reshape. Probably the tool I use more than anything else.

Thanks,  

Doug

Archived