AutoDesSys

Camera/View snaps and exporting

R2D2

I seem to remember being able to snap to camera, eye and target; which was extremely useful.

Can anybody point me to how that works now or was this a V6 feature...?

Also, whats the best way to export my 40+ views into a file format somebody else can read ?

(i.e. need to transfer the FZ views into C4D)

(3ds gets over some cameras but not really in their FZ location with eye/target...)

Thx

Isn't R2's question the reverse of that? If you have a camera view and you want to create or move an object and snap to the COI? You can definitely Snap Camera and COI to an object, but currently you can't do the reverse (at least I can't)

Doug

To export cameras the best way I`ve found so far is DWG , on export options scale all by 100. (for units: meter)

That way I can reimport the views back into a FZ file, keeping the location / coi to verify.

Doesnt solve it though, as its only FZ to FZ reimport: no cameras/views in Cinema4D or Rhino on import of that dwg.

Importing the wrl file back into FZ I can get the geometry into the right place but it seems the views are always rotated.(added Spin value)

Setting the Spin value (edit view)  in the imported file from 86,83˚ back to 0 seems to restore the view but thats only within Z.

Archived