AutoDesSys

Key command rotate not working properly? - Bug?

-andrew-

Using OS X and v8.5.0.2...

When I hover over the Rotate View Angle icon, I first get a "Set View" command tooltip, then "Rotate View Angle" command tooltip underneath. It seems to be working properly, though.

However, using a keyboard combo (CMD + Middle mouse wheel), the settings for Rotate View Angle are not kept, though the popup shows the last setting correctly.

Any thoughts?

post-9294-0-94051200-1448634046_thumb.png

Hi Andrew,

I think you may be confusing the Navigation Tools, and the Interactive View Navigation Key Shortcuts:

post-5-0-45712900-1448892189_thumb.jpg

The tools are really more beginner navigation options (for people who are unaware of the key shortcuts).  If you use the Key Shortcuts for the desired navigation type, does that do what you want?

Hi!

Not sure as I don't have it set up with me here at work - however, can you advise what's going on in the screenshot?

They key shortcuts (combo, really) in this case do not act as expected, e.g. holding the MMB with CMD doesn't seem to rotate around anything in particular. Using the tool does, however, act as expected.

(I'll see if I can install to my laptop at lunchtime to experiment)

thanks!

Andrew

Andrew,

Your screen capture shows a different key shortcut for that tool.  By default the Command Single Click Middle mouse button will use the Set View about the Center of Interest.  So if you Fit an object, the center of interest will automatically be set on that object (or objects), and then you will navigate about that:

post-5-0-20790600-1448892844_thumb.jpg

Please carefully review the Interactive View Navigation options so you can better understand.

Hi again-

Yes, I understand - I assumed the tool setting worked on the MMB as well. That said, it still doesn't rotate around center of interest, e.g. a face of an object. The rotation point seems indiscriminate, such as seemingly behind and to the left of the highlighted/chosen face. I'll check to see if it's still default.

Also- just wondering why two tooltips are showing up in the screenshot?

thanks again,

Andrew

Andrew,

Please go to the Palette Menu: View Parameters and look where the Center of Interest is located.  Save the View and make it visible if you like.

The "double tool tip" can occur if you are both hovering over the tool, and using the key shortcut at the same time.

Archived