AutoDesSys

Vectorworks to Form-Z

Rudy Daverveld

Hi

What would be the best file format to use when converting from Vectorworks to Form Z? Having some trouble with DWG, not all objects are importing, curved faces and complex shaped walls don't seem too work.

PS: Noticing that the import function are a lot less reliable then in say version.

Few weeks ago had some trouble with step files, didn't open in 8.5 but did in 6.0

Kind regards,

Rudy Daverveld

Visual 8

Hi Rudy,

DWG should work well.  If some objects are not being transferred properly, does importing the file back into Vectorworks maintain them?  If Vector works can't read them from the file, then this is a Vectorworks issue, but if they can, please send the file so we can test it here.

(If you ever have a problem with any file, if you can send the file, we will look into it ASAP -- but casually mentioning it doesn't allow us to help...)

• 7 months later...

in order to revive this discussion, is there any way to save / read DWG's with specific vies/sheets set in vectorworks? my client sends me exports from single views which contain the whole design disregarding any view / sheet settings. is there any trick to save / open these without having all the untransformed / hidden design data in the DWG? am i wrong if i remember FZ supporting DWG with sheets/views in the past?

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

markus

Archived