AutoDesSys

reversed map help lease.

Spacer

If you are mapped to the outside of a cylinder -- yes.  Mapped to the inside needs a reversed image.

(Perhaps we can add an option for that for the future...)

That sounds like a smart option for future inclusion to me. Many render engines allow you to flip and mirror image mapping so this would definitely and I'd love to see it natively within FormZ too.

Did you try flipping the image using the edit Texture tool?  This is one example where the OpenGL based Shaded Display may not show the image correctly as it will render in RenderZone.  Have you tried a RenderZone preview of this yet?    This is one area where FormZ v6 was much better.  The detailed texture mapping window would allow for quick RenderZone previews of mapping.  I'm still hoping it will come back as an option as promised...

If the new Shaded Display modes would correctly show the same way RenderZone does, that would be a huge help.  For example, the tiling of color maps does not show the same in Shaded Display as it does in RenderZone.  That really sucks when you want to show a single 1 tile logo file, but Shaded only shows it as many tiles repeating.  This keeps us from easily using the Shaded Display for client previews.  Sure we could create the perfect logo files for each spot, but that's extra time that's not really viable.

Archived