AutoDesSys

a few operational annoyances v8.5

¢hris £und

Hey Z,

As noted in the Topic Title.

1.  When picking an Object with the show points on,   other objects points highlight as well (, but not all  ??)

Point1.PNG

2.  When Deleting segments, I have to do multiple steps to achieve my desired goal.   Example in Picture.

Delete1.PNG

3.  When attempting to extend a segment  (not a Poly Line)   the extend tool simply does not work.

4.  When attempting to extend a segment that is attached to something like an arc that will not extend or get modified by the end of a segment.  if I attempt to extend the segment side that is attached (can happen accidentally)  Then the tool is no longer able to extend the other end of that segment.

5.  While the extend tool is a lot better than in the past (6.x)   it has also lost some functionality.  I miss it.

Cheers!

post-9803-0-48622900-1445363619_thumb.png

Hi Chris,

1.  Thanks for your report, we will get this display issue corrected.

2.  That is currently a limitation, but we will see if it can be enhanced.

3.  We are not reproducing this.  If you draw a 2 point line (segment) and try to extend that with the Extend Segment tool, that does not work for you?  Or are you trying to extend a segment that is part of a larger object?

4.  We are not reproducing this either.  Can you please post a file where this occurs for you?

5.  Great, glad you are liking the improvements in the current version!

1,  Cool

2.  Please

3. If I create a two point segment, this does not work.   If I create a Poly Line, it works.  If I delete a parts of the poly so that there is only two point segments again, it does not work on the segments.    Not part of a larger object.  when they are part of larger objects, it seems to work fine.

I realize that this may seem odd to ever want to do, however, I do it all the time.  And find myself back saving to 6.x so I can do it.

4.  I seemed to have misinterpreted the issue.   in the attached file, it was working for me with the single object, then at some point of playing with it, it stopped.

(after deleting one of the segments, Now when that was undone, the functionality did not come back.)

Extend issue#3.fmz.zip

5.  Yes, but don't forget the missed extra functionality  ;)

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

4.  There are 2 objects in the file.  The Open shaped L extends just fine:

post-5-0-27693100-1445369209_thumb.jpg

The Extend tool is not intended for closed shapes (although it may work to some extent).

3.  This same tool works fine on a 2 point segment for us.  Are you using a different tool?

5.  Sorry, my psychic abilities are failing me.  What functionality do you miss?

ps.  And for bonus points -- how are you getting those full size images in your post?

4.  I am using the extend tool under T-form2 palette instead of the edit palette.  It is that version that lost a lot of functionality compared to 6.x.

3  Same tool

5.  Same tool.  Percentage etc...  there were 8 options in 6.x  now there are only two.   I guess you split the tool up...  ?

ps.   I am linking to the images which are stored on my server.

Ok,    Even that is acting funky.    On my end,  the file has a single object  and applying the extend only works for one end of one of the segments.  (Right side segment to extend down)

I Do not have a percentage.   On Two computers.  Both Macs

Right click the tool and choose Manual:

http://www.formz.com/manuals/formZ85/formZ_Pro/!SSL!/WebHelp/formzpro.php?url_str=10925_Extend_Segment.html

Extend
TOP_Extend.png The Extend Segment options palette.
Ex_Extend_Lin_opt.jpeg Extending a line and a vector line with the click points marked.

This tool extends an open line, spline, or arc at the end that is the closest to the click point. How far it is extended is determined by the value entered in the Distance field of its options palette or the value entered in the Percentage field. See examples.

whiteline.jpg

Ok,  Then there is a bug working the other way with closed shapes, as sporadically it works with them...

Then other Extend tool, should work on the closed shape.

I am still missing (emotionally, that is) those features in the Other tool.

Thanks!

Archived