AutoDesSys

2D DWG export scale

palarsen

Hi

It used to be a bug that we could not export projections other than top, side, left and so on, in scale. As in 1:1

Now I can not export a plan projection (Hidden line, with clipping plane) as a DWG 2D image in scale.

Please fix this. Now I have to manually scale the drawing inside the 2D drafting program (I use VectorWorks), with big chances of errors.

It seems very reasonable to be able to send vectors in correct scale to a 2D draft program via the DWG image export. If it would work, its pretty fast!

/Petter

Petter:

There are two common methods that I'm aware of to do this. You could use image export to get linework as .dwg, or use layout to create linework. If you use layout, it is possible to control the scale. If you use the "export image" option, you will then need to scale the linework within your CAD program. I also do this on a regular basis to get projects into Vectorworks. The current version of layout is an evolution, however IMHO not ready for real production use.

Hi Petter,

To export Hidden Line images at their scale, use the Layout mode and use the Export (not Export Image) command.

ENV,

The latest version of Layout should be working quite well.  If you find any issues, please report them to support@formz.com so we can make sure they get addressed.

Is there a conceivable reason why export image to dwg should not be in 1:1, thus user friendly and export/importable?

And it used to work in earlier versions!!

Layout is a long workaround to get a 1:1 DWG (opning, saving, orienting, selecting, paper-size issues, saving views..)

Please concider?!?!

/Petter

I have to agree, Petter. It is much more efficient to export .dwg files directly from the model window sometimes when you just need to capture something simple. Oftentimes, I make layout files with multiple views and export, only to learn that I needed another or different view(s). Layout is much improved for doing this than the old method in V6 and earlier but sometimes you just need something simple, and quick.

I have made good effort trying to use Layout more and find that somethings work very well, however other simple things do not. For example, I made revisions to a Layout file made last week. I couldn't change the date on the titleblock. I tried editing some of the drawing captions, which were just pieces of text. Only content changes worked. Fonts couldn't be changed, nor size of font. The text is displayed as hollow, double lines, not filled text. When making a pdf of layout files, all text and dimension text is fuzzy. Something is really goofy with text in Layout!

Hi ENV,

Use NOTE text if you want it to be filled in Layout. 

Change the Fonts in the Title Block by editing the Note / Dimension Styles.

You can open the Title Block file to make changes if you like.

If you have any specific issues that you are not able to address, please send a sample file to support@formz.com so we can help further.

Archived