AutoDesSys

Pick options palette

pipo

Very happy with 8.5 except for the custom palette issues so can only find one final issue that

Is bothersome.

The pick options desperately need a separate palette that can be permanently visible.

Is this possible ?

For example I would like to have visible the tool options for pick and move at the same time.

Options for pick are used in conjunction with other tools so makes sense to have this palette optionally visible all the time no matter what other tool is selected.

Hi Pipo,

No, the Pick Options are not used for other tools.  The other tools all use the Auto-Pick settings, whereby you can hold down the Ctrl (Win) or Command (Mac) key to pick a part of an object -- or you can use the Pick Tool to Pre-Pick many objects or parts first, and then get the Move tool.  The Move Tool will move whatever is selected, but the Pick Options will not affect how the Move Tool Picks.  (Or are we missing something here?)

Z, I sometimes get tripped up when using a tool, where it's default mode auto picks a segment, then go back to the pick tool and it now is on segment.

I am not at my computer right now to confirm this ( the whole issue, may be confirmation bias on my part). I will check this later and will note the tool/s if it proves true.

Hi Chris,

Other tools should not affect the options for the Pick tool, but with the Pick tool active, tapping the Option key (Mac) or Alt key (Win) will toggle through the different topological "part" levels.  Perhaps that is what you are doing without realizing it?

Archived