AutoDesSys

Any Yosemite issues with form•Z 6.6?

jeffgrune

Hi Jeff,

We have tested formZ v6.7 with Yosemite briefly and it seems to be working properly, but it is not supported there, and it has not been fully tested.  formZ v6.6 will launch on Yosemite if an installation has been copied from another computer, but we have not tested that further.

formZ 7 has a Hot Fix that is necessary for Yosemite, but v8 works fine with Yosemite directly.

I use 6.7.3 with Yosemite. I have not had issues.

Best practice though would be to clone the boot drive then upgrade one of them so you have something to fall back on.

I never upgrade a full OS without doing this, just in case some apps don't play nice. Covers other potential issues too.

Fmz 8 &  6.7.3 both run fine on Yosemite. You can run them both simultaneously if you have a concern.

I have been doing that since 8 came out and I very rarely go back to 6.7.3 unless I want to clean up an older project to open in 8.

If you set image size on a Renderzone Rendering and have item selected fmz 6.7.3 will crash.

Also, just notice Manual does not display for me in 6.7.3

Hi Pipo,

v6.7.3 is not supported on Yosemite, so we don't have a lot of additional suggestions, but if the current WIBU Driver is not working, perhaps you should try an older one?

And make sure that the Application: WIBU: WkConfig software is working properly...

• 3 months later...

I'm running 6.7.3 on Yosemite and all has been fine up until now (May 2015). It launches fine but file>open or cmd + open and it crashes everytime. Double clicking an .fmz file opens fine though and works with no crashes. I will try a re install as soon as i can.

I've also had wibu key issues and hangs on saving/auto saving way back into snow leopard so doubt that is connected, maybe a key problem?

Hi Chrissy,

First I would reinstall the WIBU Key Driver from half way down this page:

WIBU

Then make sure the key is plugged directly to the computer.

If you still have any issues, Quit formZ, go to the Finder: Go Menu, hold down the Option key, choose Library: Preferences -- and rename the autodessys folder (add a number to the end of the name).

Hopefully that solves the problem, but as noted, formZ 6.7.3 is not supported on Yosemite...

Archived