AutoDesSys

Using multi touch controls in FZ

Carlos Rego

Hi Z,

Is it possible to use multitouch controls (either through Apple trackpad or Wacom Pen & Touch tablets)?

I'm talking of simple functions such as rotating, panning or zooming a view.

I was trying to set them up in my Wacom tablet through the usage of keystrokes but it's not the same thing.

I find a little bit odd that you still can't configure this in FZ...

Best,

Carlos

I used to use a Wacom tablet with another CAD program about 17 years ago when I suffered from RSI from using a standard mouse. It helped, and then in more recent years I found the trackpad of a laptop suited me better. I also have a 3d connexions space navigator [unfortunately not wireless] which I sometimes use, but occasionally I knock it accidentally and the view is moved. I had assumed FZ would already be Wacom tablet compatible.

These devices are not a complete solution imho because while our hands need to move between keyboard and pointing device, time is lost. I wish there was a comfortable wireless [preferably chocolate flavoured - I jest] device I could hold in my mouth, so navigation could be done with my tongue and zooming could be done by pressure of my teeth [with double bite to change zoom direction]. Or, [hold your noses - not jesting] a wireless foot operated device, so navigation with big toe and zooming with the other foot.

Hi Z,

I use a Space Navigator which is nice but I think that its usage is somehow limited. I believe that a multitouch navigation system would be more complete and integrated in the computer (at least on the Mac side). I use multitouch navigation all the time with other software and I really prefer it.

Thanks Setz, I have now, just watched on utube. Certainly an interesting concept, though I wonder if it would be [a] sensitive enough and too restrictive, there would certainly need to be a switch to regularly switch on and off.

I think the best option would be a foot pedal arrangement where the feet are slipped into specific adjustable positions so heels access button switches and big toes switches and trackpad, all within an air conditioned bag for maximum comfort and odour prevention.

Archived