AutoDesSys

Keyboard input

wjo53

I'm experiencing an issue WRT keyboard inputs.

When typing in a distance to reshape, create, etc, some of the keystrokes are getting erased.  Just tried reshaping a rectangle vertically, input 925mm, one time the 9 got dropped, another time the 92 got dropped, and I got a 5mm extrusion.  Most times I'm having to attempt input multiple times.  This happens on both the desktop and laptop (both Win7), and fZ7, and fZ8.  This doesn't occur in other programs, specific to formZ.  Am I doing something wrong, missing a setting somewhere?

Hi WJO,

Sorry you are having trouble.  We are not sure why this would occur, so most likely we will need to do an online meeting to solve this quickly.  Therefore, please give our support staff a call at 614 488-8838 so we can set this up and see why this might occur.

I'm experiencing an issue WRT keyboard inputs.

When typing in a distance to reshape, create, etc, some of the keystrokes are getting erased.  Just tried reshaping a rectangle vertically, input 925mm, one time the 9 got dropped, another time the 92 got dropped, and I got a 5mm extrusion.  Most times I'm having to attempt input multiple times.  This happens on both the desktop and laptop (both Win7), and fZ7, and fZ8.  This doesn't occur in other programs, specific to formZ.  Am I doing something wrong, missing a setting somewhere?

I get this too, much more on one of my laptops [an Acer] than the other [an HP] and depends upon delay and speed of keystroke input so think it could be machine specific. Next week a computer expert is going to check out this and some other issues as I suspect something else on the computer is interrupting what the FormZ program is trying to do.

Hi Alan,

We did an online meeting with John and did notice that this happened sometimes -- and when we adjusted the Edit Menu: Preferences: Interface: Tool Tip delay to a larger number, this helped prevent the issue even further.

There is still something that was going on with John's computer that we are investigating, but if you increase this Tool Tip delay (perhaps set it to 9 seconds), does that work better for you?

And if your computer expert finds any other cause or solution for this, please let us know so we can better direct our investigations.

I get this too, much more on one of my laptops [an Acer] than the other [an HP] and depends upon delay and speed of keystroke input so think it could be machine specific. Next week a computer expert is going to check out this and some other issues as I suspect something else on the computer is interrupting what the FormZ program is trying to do.

Good to know I'm not alone, :-) but sorry to hear you have it too.  I updated drivers for the laptop (Dell) yesterday, didn't have opportunity to work on it at all today, so can't speak to that effectiveness.  The desktop is one I've put together, and most drivers should be up-to-date.  Both are Win7-64.

I'm finding that if during input, the field gets highlighted blue prematurely, before input is completed, the next number(s) input is the amount that is used - assuming I'm not looking and hit enter.  Tried it in Bonzai3d (2.5), and couldn't replicate it.  So far, it still seems to be specific to formZ.  Will try more over the next day or two.

Hi Gentlemen,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention, we have found a computer where we can reproduce this, and we will see what we can do to get this corrected.  Good to know changing the Tool Tip delay helps work around it...

Accurate numerical input is better but still a bit random for me since my computer techician has done a few checks on my computer and made a few tweaks. Today I tried to resize [push-pull] a simple rectangular shape to increase height by 10(mm) and the first couple of attempts increase was just 1mm I don't think it was an issue of not pressing hard enough on the zero before quickly pressing on enter. I tried a few more times and worked correctly. Checked tooltip, which was set to 1second delay. Changed to 5seconds, tested again, worked correctly. Changed tooltip to zero seconds [which would be my preference], still worked correctly. Mystery, so will need to be careful and check the value in the input palette before hitting enter. Incedentally, yesterday I removed Zemana anti key-logger because the technician felt it was overkill security for my system, as well as Trusteer Rapport as in his opinion it is bloated. Both these programs can mess with keyboard input. I was also told that programs vary in the way they manage memory and some can cause heavy memory fragmentation after using for a while, even if a lot of memory is installed. Perhaps FormZ is one of those programs.

Archived