AutoDesSys

Twinmotion 2024.1 exports datasmith to Unreal 5.4 without headaches!!!!!!

I just tried to export a large scene from the latest Twinmotion 2024.1 to unreal 5.4. It includes items I added from both formZ and the regular twinmotion library, and some materials from adobe substance. It all worked very well. I see some materials that need to be set to two-sided, but it even included the environment and weather. And it immediately looked better, was much faster and I could go around in the scene in real-time GI with the x-box control. See easy to follow instructions on the Twinmotion 5.4 page.

This is pretty much a game changer. or maker.

Thats awesome John.  I can't wait until I have a bit more time to play with TM.  The 2 animations I've done so far amazed me for the quickness.  Quality isn't quite at VRay Vantage level yet, but the entourage available is so much better.  

On 5/15/2024 at 6:28 AM, johnalexander1571 said:

small correction, I have discovered that an x-box control plugged in already navigates a scene in Twinmotion... not sure how useful, but you don't have to go to Unreal to do that.

Does this mean I have to learn to use the terrible XBOX controller?  I always found the Playstation controller to be much more natural.  :D