AutoDesSys

Wire Frame and Shaded Work Display

I use formZ v10 mac os and windows os, I would like to ask why the wire frame and shaded work display is so smooth and delicate when using the mac os system, but it is stuck and rough when using the windows os system. Why is there such a big difference between the two systems? How to set up windows os to make it smoother?

Hello,

I also noticed this roughness as well and have reported it a while ago, so I am hoping that this is just a bug that will be addressed in a coming update.  It appears Anti Aliasing is not working in Wires Frame and Shaded Work on the Windows side currently.  If you switch to Shaded Full and turn on the Line option, I've found this works great in the meantime and is just as fast for modeling tasks as Shaded Work.

Cheers.

18 hours ago, Justin Montoya said:

I'm not having an issue with lag in wireframe on Windows.... unless I turn on too many snaps.  I only use point , center, and midpoint regularly, all the others are kept off.  Does that help you?

The same settings, the same number of geometric shapes, are very different in different OSs. Mac os is still very smooth, but there will be delays and freezes on WIN OS. Especially when click on the light parameters, have to wait 6 seconds for them to appear. This problem already existed in version 9, and there is still no improvement in version 10.

• 1 month later...

Another Display Option question.

With v10 when viewing in Shaded with edges off the edges are still displayed, when in Shaded full they are off but the colours are way different to the Shaded view required recolouring the objects.

Also wondering if Fake Space will be coming back anytime soon?

Having tried both versions (Mac and Win), the Mac version just looks a lot better. I'm not sure if I can back that up with any kind of metric, it feels very sleek.

If I didn't get the Vray option and a very capable PC Build, I doubt I would ever want to use the windows version.

But seriously I do want the windows version to up its game.