AutoDesSys

Polygons and Vertices counts

nadir

Hi,

How do I determine counts for Polygons and Vertices in a model or jointed models?

In "information" I get the number of faces, outlines, edges, and points,

If I add them up, that is my number of Polygons?

How do get The numbers for Vertices?

Thank you 

Nadir

Polygons should be faces.  So if you select by Topology Level/ Face...  that is what you are counting in the inspector.  Of course often faces are triangulated (rendering), so that adds co-planer faces.  Depending on what you are doing you may need to triangulate all faces first.

Vertices are the points from where the angles begin, so selecting by Points will tell you that.  At least for all faces.  Open lines would throw that number off.

Maybe that helps?

Yon

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.09.43 PM.png

Hold it, the points would only give you vertices for one plane!  (If that is what you were even looking for.)

So, that doesn't help for vertices.  So a triangulated square (Two triangles) would have 4 points but 6 vertices, where a square would have 4 points and 4 vertices. 

Thank you, Yon,

This is good information. especially for where vertices are. 

What I am trying to do is sell some of my models online and as part of the model information few websites ask for Polygon and Vertices counts. 

In my research, I found out few 3D software like Maya, and Blender have polygons and Vertices count on their menu which makes it easier.

It seems in Formz I have to annually add all the points, faces, outlines, and edges to get the poly. and Ver. counts. 

Unless this information is located somewhere else besides Tool Option, Info. which I am not aware of it!

Regards

I think I found what I was looking for.

Sometimes, it is a matter of difference in vocabulary, Viertices are called Points and Polygons, Faces, in Formz!

Thank you all for your comments.