AutoDesSys

9.1.0 Layout: Component Import Fails

santa

Is there a solution to this? At the start of a FMZ file import into the layout module I can hear an intermittent scratchy noise coming from the speakers. This lasts for the duration of the import, but components never come in.

Even basic shapes, such as cubes, cylinders, and surfaces fail. Any ideas as to the cause?

Well, a solution of sorts, is not to use components. What a pity! Another issue I have come across is that 2d line weights are ignored in layout, which imported perfectly well in 8.6.5!! We seem to be going 'round in circles fellas! This shouldn't be happening in 2021.

Have you tried to email support@form.com? I find that they respond to emails every time.

I use components all the time without problems (as long as I stick to my own criteria), but only in the 3d environment so I can't help in regards to Layout.

Des

Thanks Des, but I'm giving up on Draft/Layout until they become usable. It's far from reliable to use in production work, I'm afraid.

In my opinion it should not have been released, as it diminishes the good reputation of the software package as a whole. Anyone experiencing it will look elsewhere, for sure.