AutoDesSys

FormZ courses anywhere?

virgox2

Anyone know if complete training in FormZ is offered anywhere either online or in a classroom (free or not)?

I know that quite a few four year colleges use it in their design program curriculum, though that would be impractical as it would be an entire semester and I'd probably have to be enrolled in that program.  I don't feel like going back to college but I'm willing to travel almost anywhere if I have to if there are short (week-long?) courses.   The tutorials on youtube are great at showing how the tools work, but are not courses on how to complete many types of projects.   

Hi Virgo,

We offer a number of different training options online or in person:  http://www.formz.com/support/onlinetraining.html

Please contact sales@formz.com for more information or to sign up for a class.

Note that for custom training, two days is typically "a lot" and users are often "full" at that point.  If you are doing the online option (and not traveling) then perhaps schedule a 2 day session with a week off and perhaps then another 2 day session if necessary.

Hope that helps!  :)

I personally would never pay to go to school to learn a program.  Between all the online tutorials available and the forums here you can learn anything you want.  Just go through the tutorials  and post questions. They will get answered quickly and accurately and you don't have to raise your hand.  Everyone models a little differently but if you just dive in you will find it a lot easier than you think. 

Thanks – I have a good 3d background however its only in solid modeling.   Surface and mesh are very new to me, but I have discovered that they have tremendous application in what I do.   

Andrew – I agree. A combination of forum and tutorials can replace the high hourly cost of formal courses.  

I personally think a short personal tuition can give you a very quick boost, and get you going very fast. Especially if you are interested in a particular topic that isn't usually covered. One days tuition can give you a great start into a new software package, which you can follow up with video tutorials etc.

I was very fortunate to have a couple of days with Stephen at Cadschool here in the UK many years ago and it got me going much faster than if I had just done tutorials by myself.

I'll definitely consider having a formal tutorial.   I'm usually a self-starter, but FormZ is unlike any of the other programs I've used.  Its seems so fluid and extremely organic – not a bad thing at all – but just really different from my experience.

Archived