AutoDesSys

Layout Lagging Performance

Shibui Design

I have a 25mb model and trying to get layout to show me one perspective viewport. It is taking about one hour to simply display the viewport. I accidentally made a change in model and now it's trying to update the viewport and seems to be taking a very long time. I guess I will let it process with the hopes of getting the view to display before I have to abort the process. 

Latest build of FormZ 8.5 Pro and Layout. OSX. Any ideas what might be going wrong here? Anyone else experience lagging performance with Layout?

If you get a message that the file is not linked, it should also tell you to relink it by going to the File Menu: Project Info: Linked Files, no?

And if you do that and reproduce the lag, please send both files so we can see what you are doing..

I have noticed similar lag when using perspective view in Layout with certain more complex models. Mostly complex truss models with a lot of detail, can be relatively quick in elevation but very very slow in perspective.

I have noticed a slight increase in performance if i change object type to 'Poly Lines' as opposed to 'Lines, Splines & Arcs'.

Hi Duncan,

Yes, generating splines and arcs with a huge amount of data will take longer.   If the truss objects are Smooth objects, using a lower Display Resolution will make fewer facets which will display faster.

We have not received any files that show layout being "too slow" so if anyone has a "reasonable" file that is not fast enough, if they can send it, we will take a look...

Archived