AutoDesSys

Disappearing pop up tools

AsOne

I set a custom workspace.  It was working fine for many weeks.  Then one day I can no longer access the pop up modeling tools.  The modeling tools are there, but I can only access the current tool shown.  I have restarted the computer.  I have also tried turning the "don't pop up tool palettes on hover" option on and off (usually I always have tool palettes pop up on hover).  When I switch back to the Modeling workspace it works as expected.  This happened once before and I can't remember which version of 8.5 it was.  Currently I am on Mac 10.9.5, FormZ version 8.5.3

For now I will rebuild my custom workspace from the Modeling workspace as that solved it last time, but was curious if there was a way to have this not happen in the future. 

Hi Paul,

We haven't heard of this before, but once you reset your Workspace, use the Workspace Menu: Workspace Manager: Save command to save your workspace set.  That way you can always Import it again if you want or need to.  

Also, if you can Save the "problem workspace" and send it to us, we can take a ;)

Yes I have always saved my workspaces.  I tried toggling back and forth between the default workspaces and mine to no avail (along with program and cpu restart).   I will try and send in the problem child soon...

Hi Paul,

We haven't heard of this before, but once you reset your Workspace, use the Workspace Menu: Workspace Manager: Save command to save your workspace set.  That way you can always Import it again if you want or need to.  

Also, if you can Save the "problem workspace" and send it to us, we can take a ;)

Hi Karin,

Can you please also follow these instructions so we can try to determine why this might occur?

Archived