AutoDesSys

Export Text DWG

ktejlgaard

Hi Ktejlgaard,

Both Note Text and 3D Text have different benefits.  Have you tried exporting both kinds?

If neither does what you want, can you be more spefic about exactly what you want to edit?

Also, use the normal Export (not export image).

I have tried export in every way, dwg, fbx, dwg-image, illustrator-image and pdf-image.
In earlier versions of formZ, you could have 2d text (surface) that through dwg export were still editable in illustrator.

Now all text becomes objects no matter what I do, and I loose the edibility in Illustrator.
I even copied the dwg export settings from FormZ 6.5 that exported the text as text.

Is there a way around?

Hi Kjetl,

Thanks for the additional info.  In general noting the destination program (Illustrator) is important so we can test exactly what you are wanting to do, but in this case it appears that something happened to the Exporting of Text in general.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will get this corrected ASAP!

To work around this issue, you can download the previous (v8.5.0.2) from here:  ftp://ftp.formz.com/pub/formz/formz/fz8/Archive/8502/

Copy this into your formZ 8 Folder (make sure it is named slightly different from your v8.5.3 folder).  Then run and register it.

In general we would recommend using the latest version, and just use this version to export when necessary.  Also, the only option you should need to change when exporting is the Export Version (for example, exporting back to CS2 you would need to set this to DWG version 2000).

Does that help?

And thanks again for bringing this to our attention, we will get this corrected!

Tech, thanks for the link! All my exports work better with the back-date... :)
Text is still text, line widths export to illustrator again, and circles keep their parameters as cirkles for inc cutting (dwg)
Im really glad that you answer so swift and help when its really needed. Good luck with programming for the next update....

Archived