AutoDesSys

Set origo?

Karin

Is it possible to move origo? In Revit you can set project origo to where you want it while keeping the file's real world coordinates.
It would be very handy to do this instead of dragging every dwg to fZ's origo and loosing the coordinates.
It would make our model transfer back and forth so much easier. 

Hi Karin,

You can switch to Relative Coordinates by choosing the Delta options in the Input Palette, and,  you can define Arbitrary Planes wherever you like, but there is not a "move world origin" -- at least not currently.  We will see if that is something that can be added for the future.

For now, if you have objects very far from the world origin, thin it is probably recommended moving it to the origin.  You can set this up to be automatic though, if you like.  To do this, first Import the file, and snap to something that you would like to be at the origin.  Note the XYZ values in the Input Palette, and Import the file again.  Click the Transformation options, and enter the "negative value" of those coordinates in the Transformation fields.   Then when you Import the file, it will be moved to the origin, and when you Export the file, the inverse of those transformation values will be used so your objects will appear at the same location when imported back into Revit or Acad.

Does that help?

I've found I don't need to snap.

Rather just place the cursor over the approximate center of the geometry, read of the coordinates, and import again with those coordinates inverted, and rounded up. For easy typing 1194031,873 would be 1194030.

You'll be close enough to origo anyway. And depending on this transformation is OK. Snapping not needed.

You need to type the export transformation also. But it will be remembered for the next time

Rotate on the other hand, gave me a mess. Centre of rotation issue I guess. So dont combine with "move"

Archived