AutoDesSys

Paste suddenly creating a new texture for each object

David Lemelin

Hey there,

A new strange issue has started up in the last 3 days... Every time I import geometry, it brings in dozens of copies of the same texture map... One for each and every object which bears that texture. I'm having to swim upstream to delete dozens upon dozens of identical maps cluttering my texture palette.

Is there a setting I've messed with by accident?

This is happening with FormZ 8.5 files and web resources equally....

Hi Gentlemen,

We have run some tests but are not reproducing this here.  Can you please send two .FMZ files (one to copy from, and one to paste into) to support@formz.com (or zip and post them here if they are small enough) so we can test with your files?

Hi Chris & David,

Thanks for sending your file David.  There are a lot of different files, and we have tested copying and pasting between many of them, and are not reproducing any problems (but we do see some multiples in your "e" file).

Are you by chance both using an external rendering program (other than RenderZone -- like vRay, Thea, or Maxwell), and if so, if you test the issue without that rendering plugin, does it still occur, or does it only occur with that rendering plugin? 

If you can reproduce it without any external rendering plugins, can you give us specific steps (like "copy all the objects in file A and paste into file B and see the problem)? 

Alternately, if it only occurs with that rendering plugin loaded, please report that to the manufacturer of the plugin so they can address the issue.

Hi Chris,

Ok, if  you have a file and specific steps to cause this, please send it.  David sent a whole bunch of files and we tried everything we could think of but we could not reproduce it so far.  We will keep on testing, but David, if you have any specific steps that you are doing to cause this, please let us know.

Archived