AutoDesSys

formZ 6.5 worked fine, now won't open (Win7)

Spannerhead

I've been using my copy of formZ 6.5 on this Windows7 PC and everything was fine until Monday morning.  I started the program, but as soon as I clicked on the icon in the toolbar I remembered I hadn't plugged in the USB dongle, so I did so, and the program failed to load.  Now it does the same thing every time.  No error messages, doesn't even make it to the splash screen; it just dies.  Have tried:

- Restarting the computer several times

- Wiping formZ off the computer and reinstalling (twice)

No luck.  What's keeping the program from launching?

Thank you!

Hi Spannerhead,

Have you tried resetting the formZ preferences?  To do this, make sure you are able to see hidden files and navigate to: Users > [user name] > AppData > Roaming and find the "autodessys" folder.

Rename "autodessys" to "autodessys1" and relaunch.

Also, make sure your WIBU driver is up to date.

Does that help?

Thanks for the input!  The IT guy and I tried that, no luck.  It still does the same thing: Pretends it's going to open, no splash screen, then just dies.

I've had applications do this before, and to solve the problem, I open up the Task Manager and kill the process that way.  For formZ, the processes show up in the Task Manager (see attached), but I can't kill any of them.  I right-click and select "End Process" and nothing happens.

Hopefully that provides some additional insight.

post-16422-0-31999400-1449685114_thumb.jpg

Hi Spannerhead,

formZ cannot be running when resetting or deleting the preferences.  Try uninstalling the program, reboot your machine, verify via task manager that no version of formZ (or RenderZone) are running, and THEN reset/delete your preferences and re-install.

Does that help?

If I restart there is nothing formZ-related on the Task Manager.  I tried restarting, then changing the folder name from "autodessys" to "autodessys1" and then launching formZ.  No luck.

As soon as I click on the shortcut icon, 2 instances of the application appear in the Task Manager processes.  Is that a clue?

Thanks again for all your help.

Spannerhead,

(please reply to support@formz.com)

Have there been any recent hardware/software/firmware changes to your machine since the last time it worked? What is the graphics card you are using on your computer and what is the driver date?

Hi Z-tech, I have a similar problem, though I don't use a dongle. The only significant event that I know has happened since I last used Form Z was that I tried to play a game from Epic games which froze the PC. Right now, Form Z does not launch, not from the shortcuts, and not from the .exe file. Any help?

having the same problem here,

formz 6.7.3 was working just fine but as of December 10 it cannot start. Windows 7 64bit pro try to open the application but nothing happens. My colleague who also works in the same set up had in a different PC and a diferent place had the same problem the next day.

I try installing the 6.7.1 which also didn't work. I uninstalled the only recent update to my system (Adobe flash, in fact I uninstalled the application itself ) and formz did manage to operate for a while  but now it does not work again. It does work in safe mode and in avast's sandbox. 

As both me and my colleague and  the other two members had the same problem in the same period  i am guessing it' might be related and others might follow.

we work daily with formz on multiple projects. We will appreciate a solution (in fact without one we are in big trouble)

thnx

Yannis

PS.  just found out that my collegues laptop formz intalation is also not working.

Dear Dada and Oddyan,

Sorry you are having trouble.  

1.  First, Uninstall and Delete formZ from your Program Files.  Then install the most recent version that you have from here:

http://www.formz.com/support/downloads/download_previous.html

(Or from the link you received with your v8.5 codes if you have them.)

2.  Disable Virus Detection, and then reinstall formZ.  

3.  If you are using Windows, download the current video driver from the web site of the manufacturer of the video card (or the laptop) and also install this with virus detection software disabled.

4.  If those steps do not solve the problem, go to your USER: App Data: Roaming folder and delete or rename the autodessys folder.

IMPORTANT:   If you have any further issues, please send an email to support@formz.com, and include all pertinent information, such as which operating system you are using, what video card and driver you have installed, what version of formZ you are using, and the exact error or problem that occurs when you try to launch or use formZ.

ok i will try all the above

please clarify if deleting the formz folders on c/program files (x86)  directory is the correct way to uninstall the program and if  amyting else should be deleted as well, since formZ is not available in windows 7 programs and features list so i can uninstal it from there. thnx

Archived