AutoDesSys

V 7 newbie snap help

Spacer

hi,

so fo rsome reason I have lost the visibility of the snaps on my geometry. where do I reactivate that( the ponts, segments circle centers, etc..) these snaps are on in the palette, but onscreen they don't draw up when i hover, etc.. this was working an hour ago, I must have done something ...

I am finally getting used to V7 after so many years on v6. I am enjoying all the new functions, but still get lost on simpe stuff. luckily the model I am doing is low pressure.

thanks

Peter

Dear Peter,

This works the exact same way that it does in v6 in that you can enable Snapping for Objects and Layers in their respective palettes.

Snapping also only occurs if you have a tool that would benefit from snaps.  For example, if you have a Move or Draw tool, it will snap, but the Pick tool will not.

Does that help?

Just as a follow up, I remember mirror copying an object while in open GL mode, and in the numeric feilds of theobject parameters, the figures went all crazy with"N"s and "B"s and odd signs instead of numerals. I tired repalcing these in the feilds but they just came back.this preceded my difficulty and loss of snapping visual..

Crazy numbers could appear if your cursor is not able to map on the active plane (ie, if you have the XY plane, and your eye is above it and looking up).  Just use reasonable view parameters and / or the right plane and it should work properly...

Archived