AutoDesSys

working in an enclosed space..

dalestic

Interior rendering as been a little bit of a challenge to me..i will like to know how best I can work or navigate my way in an enclosed space,in order to achieved an exterior rendering....

I tried zoming through the walls but, I wasnt able get enough view from the enclosed space..

If too wide an angle in perspective view parameters doesn't give the effect you want, perhaps you will need to assign a wall to a layer which you can make invisible and maybe deepen the room to get the effect just for the render, or cut a hole or conical or other shape tunnel in the wall to get the camera further back, in which case the lighting may need some adjustment. Maybe there is another way? Assuming you are using Renderzone. You could use 2 models just for comparison of shadow and lighting effects etc to try to get an accurate looking render.

Not sure I understand your phrase: " in order to achieved an exterior rendering" presume you mean "interior rendering."

Can you post a plan or picture of what you are trying to achieve?

Starting from the beginning: obviously the camera has to be positioned inside the space with no obstructions in front - if you need to, make any walls etc. blocking your view invisible. Check this by looking at the position of your camera in plan and elevation views.

The space needs to be lit - start with the ambient level at 50%.

If it's a small space you need to play with the camera settings to get everything in your field of view. (angle and focal length)

Interiors are difficult (it's worth reading some general stuff on interior rendering and interior photography - this will give you lots of hints an clues.

Start with an open box - roof, floor, back, left and right walls and see how you get on.

Hi Dalestic,

Have you tried using a wide angle view (via the View Parameters) and positioning the view in the desired location inside your space via the Edit Menu: Edit Cone of Vision?  In this environment you can see your resulting view in the upper right corner and graphically manipulate the camera in the other 3 views.

(You can also use the View Parameters: Clip Hither / Yon, and / or Clipping Planes to cut away part of your model visually if necessary.)

Does that help?

Archived