AutoDesSys

Appear/Disappear Tool Palette

Walter

Hello,

i have a question about the tool Palette on the left side. Is there a way to regulate appering and disappearing? When i'm flying with the mouse over the palettes - they sometimes stays and sometimes dissappears fast.

I would like to change that the flying menu is disappering when leaving with the mouse. In the Picture (Attachement) the mouse is allready in the grey area (mouse counter can't be seen on screenshots) but the flying menu is still opened - that's very nasty for me.

regards

walter

post-30-0-55903600-1441440234_thumb.jpg

Hi Walter,

The "torn off tool palette" will only occur if you drag the palette with your mouse.  If you do that by accident, you can click the X to close it, or  if you just click on the desired tool and not the "title bar" of the palette, then it will not remain on the screen.

Hi guys,

I have the same problem as Walter with this, which I know in my case is caused by the fact that I am using a Wacom Tablet rather than a mouse. It requires only the smallest touch and move to constitute a "drag", and after a while the area around the tool palette becomes littered with open palettes. When it becomes too much of a nuisance I then have to close them all one by one. Wish there was a shortcut to "Close All", but then that wouldn't work because my Second Screen has a large number of Palettes that such as Layers, Objects, etc that are also "dragged" off their default locations.

Perhaps the sensitivity of the Tool Palette to dragging could be raised. It certainly takes a real hold and drag to remove the Layers Palette from it's location, but the Tools just seem to fly off theirs at the slightest provocation. Perhaps a script or something could be written that just closed open Tools, but that's beyond my abilities I'm afraid. Maybe the Lab could figure something out (Once they're finished  the Underlay Control Tool... :) )

Conversely, tools often don't get picked (the current selected tool remains selected) unless I really make sure I've pressed the tablet. This often leads to the tool remaining open because with a pen, any kind of prolonged "Touch" will usually involve some minor movement which is interpreted as a "drag"

Not a real problem, just more of an irritation.

Doug

@ tech: do you think its possible to make an option that the palettes can appear/disappear like in 6.73?  in 6.7.3 there you had to click and hold while flying over the tools - the palette disappered with the selected tool. (so there was never the problem of an opened palette)

Archived