AutoDesSys

Imager

I've written a couple times to tech support but I'm not hearing anything back.

I have a downloaded version of formz 8 which I upgraded to in January.

This week I tried to use Imager for the first time.  I got a message that it was damaged and I should throw it away.

I could use this real soon.  I'm trying to find out how to download a version that is not damaged.

Thanks,

Donald

Hi Donald,

We have emailed  replies to your emails however they are being returned for some reason. Please feel free to call, use a different email, or correct the problem with your current email for future Technical Support assistance. 

To solve your formZ problem you can download the latest version of formZ 8 here:

http://www.formz.com/products/formz/update/formz_8_Pro.html

Best regards,

Technical Support

Perhaps these failure notices can help you resolve your email issue:

Date: June 11, 2015 9:42:20 AM EDT

To: support@formz.com

Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at shell7.tdl.com.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<>:

user is over quota

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Date: June 12, 2015 9:23:00 AM EDT

To: crashreporterosx@autodessys.com

Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at shell7.tdl.com.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<>:

user is over quota

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

I'm so sorry about the email.  I discovered the problem this morning.  Thanks for making the effort to email me.

Are you saying that the way to get imager is to download all of formz 8 and install the whole thing?  Or will I be able to install just imager?

Many thanks,

Donald

Hi Donald,

Yes, as Rob notes, this is exactly what the Scenes Palette is for, and Scenes can be loaded into the Imager for rendering.

One tip for using Scenes, Uncheck a Scene from the Palette if you do not want to make any changes.  (If  you just want to make it active, check it, then uncheck it once more and the settings will be active but it will not record the changes...)

I was able to put imager to work running a couple dozen images.  I was not getting, however, what I'd call useful and necessary feedback as it worked away.

Most of the images would render out on the mbp/10gig RAM/core I7, in 15-60 minutes.

But the imager window simply went to gray.  The only way I could tell where it was in the process was to look where it dropped completed files.  The imager list window gave no feedback.

One of the files about half way through may have had some object render zone (with final gather) could not get past.  I did a render in formz and I found that it got about 96% through the scan line part of the process and got stuck.  The same thing happened in imager, but there was no way to know if it was stuck, or just needed more time.  I spent a lot of time waiting for something to complete that was not going to complete.  My main concern, though, is not that image, it is the way imager worked.

Donald

Hi Donald,

Yes, we need to add Progress Bars to the Imager.  Unfortunately that is not easy (or we would have done so already) but it is on our list of things that need to be added.

If you have a file that is not rendering completely, can you please set up the file so that the problem occurs, save, and send the file so we can test this here?  If we can reproduce the problem, we can get it fixed and help you avoid the issue until the correction can be released.

Thanks for the response.  I'm not so worried about the particular file that I would want to trouble you examining it.  I'm working around that.  Glad to hear re progress bar that it is a known area to be improved.

Most of the time I'm just running renderings in formz, one at a time.  But clients have responded very well to the render zone imagery that is more realistic than I can do in real time with OpenGl.  So in lieu of a realtime walkthrough, a series of images, printed on paper, can really engage them.

d.

Archived