AutoDesSys

Undoing Round Tool

Viviidity

Hello, I can't for the life of me figure out how to undo the rounding on a bunch of objects. I rounded them, and then I got an error and saved before it closed. Now that I've opened my file I can't change the rounding on my objects. I used the 'Round' tool, not 'C-Round', if that helps.

Thank you!

When you round with the Round tool... it is not a controlled object and can not be undone. A good reason to use C-Round. C-Round also will create a new object & ghost the original.

.fmz default also saves a back up copy (.fzb) if you saved it once the original may be there... just open project.

Do you have a backup time machine on mac where you can restore earlier file.

There is also a preference in Project Settings to Save Undo Information. I personally do not use this.

To be clear... You could have undo it prior to the save... Based on number of undos in your preference. If it was done with C-round tool you can always change rounding parameters or subtract them. It is the same as if you trim the corner of a cube the cube has no memory of the corner & can not be put back.

That is why there is C-round tool.

Hi Viviidity,

Yes, as noted, the Controlled (C-Round) tool will allow you to change rounding values at a later date, but the Plain Rounding is fixed.  Depending on your shape, perhaps you can Union some cuboid shapes to your object to "manually undo the rounding" and then use the C-Round in the future?

Archived