AutoDesSys

Locked scenes, Layers problem

Alan Cooper

I don't know if this would be considered a bug, but it is certainly undesirable behaviour.

When I lock a scene, I expect exactly that, that the scene will remain unchanged, I do not expect additional layers to appear in it, most undesirable. Please could this be corrected or changed? FZ8.0.2 pro 64 Windows.

Edit, Sorry, it is ok, when the new layer is not active, the scene returns to how it had been. Fine as it is, just takes a bit of getting used to.

By the way, it would be really nice if we could add a new layer directly to a layer group rather than it arrives at the bottom of the list and we have to drag it up to the appropriate group. Groups are a great feature, I'm really appreciating them in materials too in V8.

Hi Alan,

Yes, the Active Layer must be visible.  One other tip with Scenes, when you make a Scene Active, it will be recording the changes (unless it is locked), but if you get in the habit of selecting a Scene, then deselecting it (when you don't want to make changes), then you will activate all its properties, without needing to lock it to prevent changes.

Thanks for your New Layer in Group suggestion, we will consider this for the future.

Thanks Tech.

With layers at the moment I am finding it works to finish creating a number of layers and then drag them all at once into a group, so not a high priority request.

Going back to the scenes subject, I don't know how many people would agree with me but I for one would appreciate it if scenes would also maintain the display type last used or at time of locking. I would like to always view some scenes in wireframe, others in one of the render options.

I agree 100% with Alan. The whole reason to create a scene [for me] is to have everything return exactly the same once it's locked & deselected. Why do I have to fiddle with active layer resets when I return to a scene? A waste of time.

Archived