AutoDesSys

Convert surface to single sided

AHTOH

From time to time I get the message written in topic. Unfortunately I have no idea how can I possibly do it. What tool is responsible for this. Neither Convert Tool nor Pick Tool with is info palette does nothing about it. In particular it happens when I try to reduce mesh.

One thing you can try to "fix" surface solids (double sided objects) is to derive all faces of an object as separate objects.  Then restitch them together again.  You can then Separate the objects, pick through the resulting objects to choose the desired ones (some may need to have their directions reversed), and then restitch again.  Finally, discard the remaining unnecessary objects and use object doctor to close holes if they exist.

Hi Anton,

Partial Surface Solids are surfaces that contain some faces that are two sided, and some that are not.  It should not be possible to create such problem geometry directly in formZ, so likely this was imported from somewhere else, correct?

SetZ's method is probably the easiest way to fix such problems.  Thanks for your help Robert!  :)

Archived