#1 allanjl

allanjl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:09 AM

I have been using formZ about 95% of the time on windows. I have complained time and time again about stability, only to receive responses from Support, that on their end, it's pretty stable. I have since given up, and assumed maybe it's my machine.

Well, it turns out that on my last business trip, I worked only on my mac. What a difference!! Hardly ever any crashes! I loved that! Turns out though, you also need to be patient, because it will take a while for formZ to respond (spinning ball for a while).

Can the developers look into this further. I suspect many use formZ on a PC and really would benefit from more stability.

Anyone agree here?

#2 Des

Des

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

Hi Allan,

I've mostly only ever used FormZ on Macs over the years and I'm very happy (Btw I don't get that spinning ball you mentioned).

I did have a stint using it on Windows PC for a few months and found that stable enough although I do remember a few crashes but not many.

Do you use autosave by any chance? I don't (constantly saving manually), but I found that when that is on, I was more likely to get a crash on the PC.

I could have been imagining it though..

Des

#3 allanjl

allanjl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

Hi Des,

Yes, I do have autosave on. But I don't think that it crashes while autosaving much. In general it seems to crash a lot when opening large files, with components. I've almost given up using components for that reason. I insert them, and then explode them. But again, even with files without components, it seems very unstable on windows.

#4 Justin Montoya

Justin Montoya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:47 AM

Having used both sides extensively, I will agree that FormZ was more stable on Macs in the earlier releases.

HOWEVER, the most recent updates have made it more optimized for Windows 10, and it has made a huge difference.  I have a whole week without a crash while heavy modeling, texturing and rendering.  I've even been doing some sample animations!  

• Jaakko likes this

#5 allanjl

allanjl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Having used both sides extensively, I will agree that FormZ was more stable on Macs in the earlier releases.

HOWEVER, the most recent updates have made it more optimized for Windows 10, and it has made a huge difference.  I have a whole week without a crash while heavy modeling, texturing and rendering.  I've even been doing some sample animations!  

Well that explains it! I stopped using the PC over two weeks ago. Went on a business trip, and had to be on the mac. I was shocked at how stable it was on the mac. After my return, I stayed on the Mac side. I'm not sure I want to go back to Windows lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users