AutoDesSys

Bad object indication

AHTOH

I just had trouble that took 5 hours resolve: I had like Object 1150[ERR] time by time. Log said these objects are having bad attributes. Being copy-pasted to new file they where rendered well. File without them still was giving errors and Maxwell refused to render.

Next day my wife offered me to exclude parts of model piece by piece and it helped me to realize that I had the object with bad attributes imported from Google Warehouse. An there where no hint to understand it from Maxwell plugin. It was just bullshitting me pointing every time to another object, texture e.t.c. Could this be corrected in a future? I believe it is serious time wasting bug.

The only case where this error occurs is where geometry has been imported from sketchup into formZ. We need examples of the sketchup objects (in the original format) to determine if this is something that needs to be fixed on ADS's side, or if it is something we can create a workaround for.

Please post or send original ENTIRE google warehouse object, and we will investigate-- and hopefully be able to resolve-- this issue.

Hi Anton,

The name of the image file has illegal characters that is likely causing problems for the system.  Don't use / or : in file names as they are used by the system to indicate sub-directories...

(I know you didn't create this, but the goofus whose file you downloaded did.  Sometimes you get less than what you pay for -- even if you got it for free...)

(I know you didn't create this, but the goofus whose file you downloaded did.  Sometimes you get less than what you pay for -- even if you got it for free...)

LOL! "goofus", I love that  :lol:

Archived