AutoDesSys

Yoda's Sanctum formZ and Vray

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi, I used the Reality Capture (photogrammetry rather than 3D scanning) that comes with the Epic games collection, essentially you set your iPhone to raw and take as many clear images in neutral lighting as you can. RC has a walk-thru tutorial that I followed one time with their image set, then I did the same with a folder of my own images. It was pretty painless. Yoda's hair was the main rub, I fixed it in this comp with old Photoshop tricks. So yes, this is a real full scale rubber/cloth puppet I'm working on getting in here and then using the digital head so he can talk in real time in Unreal right up on the LED volume wall.

test2 copy.jpg

Edited by johnalexander1571

Posted (edited)

I have attached the armature to a guitar stand and a walker so that I an easily do the photogrammetry in my garage, the lighting is very even during the day.

I made the robe myself and hand stitched it to hem the sleeves and front. I roughed it up, drug it in the mud and washed in the washer once to get it torn up enough.

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

IMG_2086.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

Posted (edited)

Here is the first test with the digital head that can be animated in real time on top of the reality capture of the puppet. Still need to do the eyes and hair and match the skin maps. He's currently standing on that guitar stand, I'll have to make a cushion that undulates a little underneath him.

testhead.jpg