AutoDesSys

Reset Axis for multiple objects

Des

I have hundreds (1550 to be exact) of Maxwell tree refs in a model which I want to be able to replace with different simple objects. But for what ever reason the axis of each tree is at the 0,0,0 instead of it's own default. I can reset the axis individually but not altogether.

Would love to be able to select all trees in the layer, click reset to Default in the Edit Axis tool and they would all be done together.

Unless there is a workaround or there's something I'm missing it looks like I'll have to keep doing the "select and reset" a lot me thinks.. 😭

Can you supply a small example?

There are two possibilities.  And, I have played with them a bit already on my tap/drill scripts (unfinished.)

setLocalOrigin(self,axes)

setLocalAxes(self, origin)

More than likely, there would be some figuring out what the information needs to be set at... but I think it is possible.

¢£

Hey Chris, thanks for having a look at this. I've already done it manually but I have lots of other projects which could be tested, let me dig one out.

The reason I am doing this is so I can replace Maxwell references with small cubes for example so then I can bring those into Twinmotion as a separate datasmith import and then replace them to trees etc. right in TM.

Cheers,