AutoDesSys

Reshape Object Problem

Bo Atkinson

What did i do wrong here?   I seem to get Reshape objects  which do not let me erase the unwanted lines, without loosing planar purity.(I was selecting the unwanted segments and hitting delete on keyboard.)  I've been away from Z, I ask in case there is a "best way" to  maintain planar purity.  It just goes bad after deleting the unwanted lines.  

deletesTooMuchReshape.fmz.zip

I should have saved before deleting....

formZ 8,5,6

OSX 10.10.5

Hi Bo et al,

If you ever have issues with geometry, always check it with the Object Doctor and the Add to Selection option.  You can also see if it can be fixed automatically using the Fix option, but note that the results that will be displayed are only those that are fixed, so check with Add to Selection again to see what issues still exist.

Yes Tech,

I do use the doctor tool, after undoing additional deletions, as follows:

Today i managed to save a new starting file before continuing to where problems seep in.

post-57-0-33328100-1479666890_thumb.gif

I got this far before the geometry becomes bad. Here is the fmz before things turn badly.

deletesTooMuchReshape.fmz.zip

post-57-0-23518300-1479667069_thumb.gif

What went wrong?  As pic shows i began clicking unwanted lines starting with lines on the left hand side. Thereafter removing any remaining, unwanted line, hurts the geometry.

However, just before deleting those lines further, i tried rounding edges. This action removed the unwanted lines for me.

post-57-0-46106300-1479667414_thumb.gif

Once again i'm regaining work flow intuitions and harmonizing with Z.. 

I love the current version and the forum here helps me focus.

Thanks so much!

Bo,

Your starting shape is corrupt geometry as it has Irregular Face Boundaries that can not be solved automatically via the Object Doctor Tool:

post-5-0-42183800-1479745385_thumb.jpg

If you are performing surgery (by deleting individual parts) you do have to pay careful attention to exactly what is happening with your geometry.  In this case though, if you want to remove the coplanar segments on the face of the wall, simply click on this with the UnMesh tool and that should fix it for you.

Does that help?

Archived