AutoDesSys

Garden drawings !?

christian812

Hi guys,

formZ 6.7.3 - Mac OSX 10.8.5 … I know  :rolleyes:

Is any user use Z to make 2D drawings for garden architecture ?

I have to help a student > he's more studying with his hands into mud and digging for planting trees, but drawings is a part of his cursus.

Grass, pool, decks … is not a problem, but I would like to find top views for trees, flowers, vegetables… well, you got the meaning !

Something like a library… > see an example below.

Thank's for answers.

Christian

Garden plan .bmp

Hello Christian.

I would be more han happy to help. You may check FormZ modeling and render in services topic I posted on this forum or reach me by e-mail av@re-construction.house.

Regards.

Anton Voloshin.

Christian,

FormZ is primarily 3d modelling software. It is not the best application if you are looking to create 2d designs. 3d has many benefits of course.

Hi Alan.

I was doing Drafting (2 D stuff) in FormZ for decades. Also non perspective top view with shadows could be pretty.

Best,

Anton.

Thanks for your answers…

Tks Alan, this software looks like a bunch of fun, but at 63 I don't want to learn another software for a one shot project and this one is a bit too funky  B)

Anton, I'm using Z since V. 2.9 and as you I often use top view renderings for presentation.

I plan to draw the technical in Z then make the compositing in PSD.

I found a library which is exactly what I'm looking for… waiting for samples and price.

I tried with BiblioCad, but the result is uggly > too technical !

If anyone know a library about the same style, would be happy to be informed.

Best,

Christian

post-293-0-02998200-1477836533_thumb.jpg

Anton, I'm using Z since V. 2.9 and as you I often use top view renderings for presentation.

I plan to draw the technical in Z then make the compositing in PSD.

I found a library which is exactly what I'm looking for… waiting for samples and price.

Hello Christian.

Could we continue discussion over e-mail or set a Skype meeting?

Best,

Anton.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I received the complete top view libraries of trees (35 varieties), plants (78), flowers (79) and hegdges (6).

Each tree variety come in 9 shapes (to avoid the clone look) - hedges come with strait, curved, square and rond angles, half circles element for composition,  .

These materials will be on the market end of January 2017 > will be .png on transparent background  / .dxf… and maybe vectorized.

As a beta tester, I'm under confidentiality… sorry guys… but I'll post when the release is there.

From what I've seen when searching libraries, this is top notch material !

I draw a simple green plane (too lazy to map it with tileable grass) and cut (lasso tool) > drag inside PSD.

Still have to work on drop shadows for a realistic depth effect > this test took me 10' !

Will be a lot of fun   :D

post-293-0-52296700-1479029965_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-66018100-1479029996_thumb.jpg

I don't know if Advertising is permited on the forum ?

I more consider this link as providing info to Z users !

Waiting for " Top view plants & Trees " libraries, here's a link to dowload FREE materials for TonyTextures (people, plants & trees, tileable textures) in a single file > really interesting to test.

This guy is talented !

Christian

http://www.tonytextures.com/open-archiviz-pack-free-download-graphic-collection-for-3d-architectural-visualization/?utm_campaign=ENSocialTriggeredBoxForNewsletter_02&utm_medium=SocialTriggeredBox&utm_source=tonytextures.com&utm_content=Image&utm_term=FreeArchiVIZColl

Well… gardens are really not my field of expertise   :blink:

Same test using grass tileable texture from Archiviz Free of Tony Textures > not easy at a scale of 1 cm per 1 m !

Still have to build an "earth" texture, but I guess it will be OK inside RenderZone pre-defined materials.

This project is really interesting and open ways to new clients…  

post-293-0-90675000-1479383983_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-48501600-1479384010_thumb.jpg

Archived