AutoDesSys

8.5.5 Hidden line cannot export to dwg

allanjl

Support,

I have tested on several computers here. At least one of our files, exhibits this problem. I copy-pasted a single object at the time to an empty file, and the problem re-occurs in the new file with the new object. I am attaching a single object from that file and the error message that formz outputs when prompted to save a dwg image from a hidden line. We'll keep testing here to see if other files have this problem. (The problem occurs also when trying to export to dwg from layout mode)

We have only a single computer now with version 8.5.4. We used hidden lines all the time. Please send us a solution for this soon. Without this function, our production is seriously hindered.

Thank you,

Allan.

post-34-0-05296400-1475259034_thumb.jpg

problem.Copy.zip

Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting your file, we will test this and see if we can find a computer where we can reproduce this here.

For now, if you copy the 8.5.4 installation from the other computer and run that, does this allow you to work around the problem?

Hi Allan,

After further investigation it appears that it is the colon in the Layer Name that is causing this issue for v8.5.5.  If you rename this to a "legal character" (like a dash instead) then the file should export properly with v8.5.5.   Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will get this corrected for the next update, coming soon. ;)

Archived