AutoDesSys

Bevel error

Hugo

Hugo,

It may not be possible for the Plain Rounding to calculate how one Bevel meets an already existing one.  Instead of doing one after the other, select all segments (or faces or objects) and Bevel it all at once.

Or use the Controlled Rounding to do this...

Will try,

but the funny thing is that I could do some segments, by segment by segment, but not all.

I tried and yes all at once it worked.

But it's not that I wanted, because the object should have some edges not with a Bevel.

Maybe it can be fixed in the future...

No problem, glad to help!

(It can be tricky figuring out how one bevel should meet an already existing one, so selecting what you want and doing it all at once with Plain Rounding -- or using the Controlled Rounding if you want to add / remove / adjust things at a later date.  With Controlled Rounding, it can also be useful to sometimes uncheck the Automatic Update option, select the sequence of segments or faces, and then click the Update button to apply the sequence at once -- if the partial rounding / bevel would end "awkwardly" without the additional parts...)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gyro,

Since your control points are very very bunched up in certain areas (like the bottom tip of your shape):

post-5-0-33138700-1476796764_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-61023800-1476796764_thumb.jpg

(We just re-extruded the top face so you can see the control points.)

This will certainly limit the size of a Bevel that can be added, which will be limited to less than the distance between these control points.

Therefore, you will need to redraw the shape with controls spaced farther apart in order to apply rounding or beveling.

Does that help?

Archived