AutoDesSys

Maligned Alignment tool with groups

¢hris £und

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in responding.   This appears to be aligning these groups just fine for us.  Note that this is done based on the Object or Group Axes (which you can show via the Pick Tool Options: Attributes.  If you check a Side View, do you not see these Origins aligned horizontally and vertically?

this screen shot is of after applying the alignment tool  (Y,Z) Centers   As you can see, the Z does not align center with either the group, or any of the objects within that group (small circles are grouped)

I see that I can turn on the show axis  (as you may note, in the original image, there is an axis turned on)

I understand that the alignment would be applied to the axis, however, I have it set to "Use Center of Bounding Volume" As noted in that first image.   Should this not override the axis alignment?

Too, when I turn on the show Axis for that group, it does NOT show an axis for it.  ( I even searched quite a large area for it)

The other two objects show axis' just fine. (Note image below where only the 4 circles are showing (isolated from the other objects)

Thanks!

BTW, my work around was to "Join" the circles instead of grouping them.  it aligns them just fine.

post-9803-0-30546900-1474943945_thumb.png

post-9803-0-97824000-1474944215_thumb.png

Hi Chris,

After further investigation, it appears that there are 2 issues here:

1.  Checking or unchecking the Use Center of Bounding Box option does not take effect until another alignment option is selected, and

2,. This option is not working properly with Groups.

Uncheck this option, and change / reset any other Alignment parameter and then this should work properly.

Does that help you avoid the issue for now?

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Archived