AutoDesSys

Need option to turn this "Smart" but dumb feature off.

¢hris £und

Tech,

Could we get an option to shut this off?

I am trying to clean up this which already has self intersecting lines created by another operation (no smart check there)

All I am trying to do is delete some points to simplify the shape.

in 6.x,  I was able to work around it by trying different points to delete, and I can get it to work.

I can work around it, so no need to figure that out for me.  However, it would be much quicker if I could just delete the points I want directly.

Thanks!

¢£

post-9803-0-69247500-1473955958_thumb.png

This may be a bad example, as this is an object with a hole in it.  However, it does happen to me often enough for simpler objects.

In this specific object, the problem probably lays with the fact that Z is trying to delete more geometry than I wish (related to another post/request that I have made for returning the Delete Geometry and Delete Topology tools back to 6.x quality)

However, again, this will crop up from time to time on objects that do not have a hole in them, and I want the option to shut your check off, as I know well enough of what I am doing to accomplish my end goal.

Thanks!

intersecting lines.fmz.zip

Hi Chris,

Deleting parts with holes is different and expected.  

With this (or the other shape), instead of Deleting points, just Move them so they no longer cross.  Does that give you what you want?

And if not, can you post the file that gives the other message so we can comment on that?

As mentioned above,  This then still relates to a the previous issue of deleting topology/Geometry.    so, still does not behave as expected.

If you have an option to delete a point, and the remaining segments "heal"  there would not be an issue.

When I run across another object (that does not contain a hole) that I get this message with,  I will post it.

Thanks!

Archived