AutoDesSys

Fleeing line using custom reference plane

Bobbku

Hi,

When im using custom reference plane and trying to draw v-line using angle guide snap (red circle marks the cursor) the line is fleeing in a random direction.

cdIS8x3.png

Problem stops occuring when i rotate the view even a little bit but its still pretty annoying.

2x6Gt6X.jpg

Is there anyone else having similar issue?

Hi Bobbku,

Welcome to the forum!

We are not reproducing what you report -- the Angle Guide Snaps appear directly as we would expect:

post-5-0-61142700-1473859528_thumb.jpg

If you test this with our file, do you have any issues with this?

vector.zip

If our file works but yours does not, can you save, zip, and attach your file so we can take a look?

Hi Bobbku,

You have a Reference Plane that is Locked and Perpendicular to the current view.  If we Then Look at the Plane, it is "behind" your objects.  If you Unlock your Reference Plane so it can move to the front, or if you change to Wire Frame display so you can see behind the front face of your object to the plane, does that give you what you want?

Hi Bobbku,

Thanks for the additional information.  It looks like the surface of the object is "blocking" the guides in Shaded Mode in this case.  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.  

If you switch to Wire Frame display (or as you note, change your view slightly), then it should snap properly.  Does that help you work around the issue?

I can confirm some weirdness here.  though, it doesn't look like it is doing quite the same thing for me.

If I View from look at reference plane then attempt to draw on a face with the auto plane on... it does not stay on that plane if I am not directly on a face.

It jumps down to the reference plane.  instead of behaving like it does in the Ortho view.

Bobbku, however,  it probably would make more sense to use eh "look at face" tool instead of "Look at Reference plane"

The Look at face is the tool right next to the one you selected.  select the tool, then click on the face you want to look at.  as the other "Look at Reference plane"  is actually looking at the main XY Plane.

Hope this helps

Archived