AutoDesSys

Intuos Problem

DMclean

Upgraded to El Capitan recently, which then updated the drivers for my Intros pro S. Now formZ doesn't correctly interpret the pen button settings. I have the pen switch set for Middle Click and Right Click. Rather than giving me Right Click (which should bring up Options) I now get the Panning Hand. I had this problem earlier (on Yosemite) and solved it by going back to an older driver for the Intros, but now that I have upgraded to El Cap I no longer have that driver.

Thoughts?

Using Ctrl Left Click to bring up the options now, but I just got so used to doing it with Right Click...

Thanks,

Doug

OSX 10.11.16

Wacom Driver 6.3.17-5

Intuos pro S

Hi Doug,

We are not sure why this would occur, but here are some things to try:

If you temporarily go to the formZ Edit Menu: Key Shortcuts and Load Defaults, does that affect it?  

Or if you go to the Wacom web site, can you download a different driver from there?

Or does resetting -- or creating custom Wacom settings allow you to get what you want?

Resetting the Wacom doesn't seem to help, nor does Loading Default Key Shortcuts.

Creating custom Wacom Settings doesn't seem to help either. formZ just doesn't seem to recognize a Right Click as sent by the pen. If I use a mouse there is no problem. Right Click brings up the options.

I'm working around it by programming that button to deliver the Control Modifier while I left click with the pen tip, which is almost the same but not quite.

Wacom will allow downloading earlier drivers, but the drivers compatible with El Capitan don't go back very far. Will keep exploring.

Thanks,

Doug

Haven't yet, but I will give it a shot.

Meanwhile I have reprogrammed the button to do a Option-Left Click which functionally does the same so I don't have to retrain my fingers.

Thanks,

Doug

Archived