AutoDesSys

Can't open this STEP file...

-andrew-

Hi!

When I try importing, it simply hangs with a spinning beach ball (with no indication that it's importing in the upper left), or it got hung up a little over 70%. 

I had tried some different import options but don't remember what they were... can you advise what settings you're using?

I'm on a mac, OSX 10.11.5, formz version 8.5.4.

thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

We are getting a message about a corrupted part, but it is not hanging for us.  Perhaps if you download a clean update from here, that will fix it for you?

http://www.formz.com/update

Or if you still have trouble after that, Quit formZ, go to the Finder: Go Menu, hold down the Option key, choose Library: Preferences -- and then Rename the autodessys folder (add a number to the end of the name).  Then test once more.

Do either of these fix it for you?

Hi Andrew,

This download is working fine for us.  Searching the internet for this error message gives lots of results, and one suggests that choosing Edit: Reset Safari may help.

If not, does your IT department block or limit FTP downloads for you?  

Or can you use a different browser to download the files successfully?

Hi Andrew,

It sounds like your firewall (or proxy server or other) is blocking formZ from connecting to the internet.  If you are unable to adjust your firewall settings to allow this, hold down the ALT key when you click Register -- and follow the additional instructions.

Archived