AutoDesSys

edges facetted --> smooth

virgox2

Hi Virgo,

In the Tool Options, you can choose Smooth or Facetted for many different object types.   Or if you are using the Polygon tool with the Pattern option to create that, it will generate a Facetted object -- but you can set the resolution via the # Segments field.

Does that help?

but you can set the resolution via the # Segments field.

Thanks, unfortunately I just tried to edit the segments field and it won't allow any editing.  No cursor (like its locked).

I had the pick tool selected to the whole object.  Something I'm doing incorrectly? 

Thanks but sadly no. 

Couldn't replicate the same shape when changing the # segments to a much higher number (ie. smoother).   It doesn't appear to work that way.  I will keep trying other things.

If you trace one of the lobes with the vector line tool snapping to points ( or select the segments and use the Derive Segment tool ) you can then use the Create Curve Tool ( set options to Spline Through Curve Points ) which will give you a smooth curve.  If you need smaller facets rather than a smooth curve you can then use the Polygonize Tool to get the resolution of facets you require.

Rotate with Multi Copy to get all three lobes which can then be Joined together again.

post-176-0-36204700-1464126675_thumb.png

post-176-0-70104000-1464126681_thumb.png

post-176-0-41753400-1464126684_thumb.png

post-176-0-15251200-1464126870_thumb.png

Archived