AutoDesSys

Return of old bugs

palarsen

When "Lock Reference Plane" is on; if i click on XY plane, the lock is turned of.

I believe this was fixed in an earlier build?

Guides can not be locked onto by holding the shift key down, if there is geometry overlapping the guide. So you must zoom out and find some place where the guide is "alone" to lock the direction to that guide. Typically 90 deg guide lock. Please let guides be "on top" of any geometry! Orthographic lock is used a lot together with a snap to a point somewhere of that direction, to align.

This is a big deal!! And no reason not to implement!

When typing in the x, y and z fields of the parameters of a cube, hitting the tab key does not cycle through. It moves the selection to the x, y, and z fields in the main input palette.

Using Right click and pulldown menus in the layers palette sometimes makes a selection of the layer name. So what happens is I unintended change the name of that layer to whatever I type next - typically a shortcut.

Try left clicking to select a different layer than the active, and then right clicking to invoke pulldown.

After you have selected "move to selected layer" and believe you are finished, the layer name is selected. I believe this came with 8.5.3

Tapping alt to change to copy-mode when moving perpendicular to reference plane makes the object move free, and not locked to perpendicular. Most of the time.. Ignoring what you see on the screen and click - the object ends up at the right place. But thats a little strange.

Anyway: mostly extremely happy with formZ modeling!!! :)

/Petter

Hi Pal,

Glad you are "extremely happy" with formZ!  We have reproduced the Tap ALT when moving Perpendicular issue.  Thanks for your report, we will get this corrected.  (Tapping Command / CTRL twice will toggle the Perpendicular off and back on again, at which point it will be locked, or you can just put the cursor over the perpendicular "guide" to avoid the issue.)

We were not able to reproduce any of the other issues you mention.  If you retest these, are you still reproducing them?  And if so, if you reset your Preferences, does that fix them for you?

Hope the videos helps illustrate the problems!

Locking to guides is the most important issue. Alining to other objects is crucial, and often used. The lack of guide lock, when a segment form an object overlaps the guide, is clearly unwanted. Can you not reproduce this? Anyone?

/Petter

• 2 weeks later...

Orthographic snapping, and locking to guides does not work when segments from objects overlap!!

Is that only me, on all my computers? Please?!

I've been on this topic before. Its to important to just forget about it.

/Petter

Archived